Tuesday, March 16

Lent: Part 2

So i've been working on my Lenten resolution, which is to give up my grievances, since Ash Wednesday. Quick summary: it ain't easy!

My first mission was to explain to a relative why I don't see her as often as I once did and to apologize for what must look like giving up. She laughed at me and explained that she understands that i'm young and i'm welcome whenever I want. Well, that was a piece of cake.

My second mission is to part ways, emotionally, with a former best friend. I'm not exactly sure why we lost touch, but we did. I would be lying if I said that I wasn't upset about it at one point, but I have since realized that we were going into different paths and our friendship was becoming all about the upkeep, not the relationship. I would her to know that I don't harbour any resentment for the lost friendship and that I wish her well in the future. Easy peasy, right? Wrong! I cannot get that message out to save my life! I've tried a few times and each one failed miserably. It would be easy to say that it failed because I secretly don't want to let go and all that jazz, but I honestly don't think that's it.

I'm going to try my best to get through this one, but I may just have to let this one go on my own.

No comments: